The staff at Patcham Junior School are hardworking, supportive and committed to providing an outstanding education for the children in our care. If you would like to join our team then you can find out more about our vacancies below. Patcham Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Job title: Finance Assistant
Hours: 10 hours per week, term time only
Work Pattern: Preferably 4 hours on a Monday or Tuesday and 3 hours on a Wednesday and Friday
Contract type: Permanent
Scale: Scale 3 Role B Point 5-6
Salary (actual): £4298.23
Start date: Week Commencing 9th September 2019
Located to the north of Brighton, Patcham Juniors is a thriving and successful three form entry School with currently 370 pupils on roll. We currently have a vacancy for a Finance Assistant and are looking to recruit a highly motivated, experienced and enthusiastic new member to join our hardworking and dedicated Admin Team. The Finance Assistant will report to the School Business Manager and will provide support with a wide range of financial processes such as orders, invoices, petty cash, ParentPay, Inventory records, school fund, claim forms, lettings, banking, reconciliations and updating/creating spreadsheets. This role requires a great deal of accuracy and attention to detail. A good work ethic and reliability are essential.
The successful applicant will:
- have experience in financial accounting or bookkeeping and be educated to a good GCSE standard, including English and Maths
- have strong IT skills and be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- be efficient, well organised and flexible to the demands of the role
- be able to work to strict deadlines and remain calm when working under pressure
- have a high level of attention to detail and be able to multi task, whilst maintaining accuracy
- be personable and approachable and have excellent communication skills
- be able to work independently, as well as part of a team
- be able to work in a sensitive and diplomatic manner, maintaining high standards of confidentiality
- have a positive ‘can do’ attitude and a sense of humour
Experience of working in a school environment would be advantageous, but is not essential.
The successful applicant will be joining a happy school community, with excellent colleagues who all contribute to the smooth running of the school.
Please apply directly to the school. Visits are welcomed. (Previous applicants are welcome to reapply)
To apply for this post, download an application form from the school website: www.patchamjun.org.uk (community/vacancies).
Alternatively phone the school office on 01273 087513.
Closing date: 12pm Thursday 4th July Interview date: Tuesday 9th July