Assessment is integral to high quality teaching and learning. It helps us to ensure that our teaching is appropriate and that learners are making at least expected progress.
Across our school we will ensure that;
- Assessment is fair, inclusive and free from bias.
- Assessment is open, honest and transparent.
- Assessment secures high expectations for all.
- Assessment is appropriate to age, task and desired information.
- Assessment is accurate and consistent.
- Assessment supports comparison with other schools, both locally and nationally
- Assessment outcomes provide meaningful and understandable information for pupils, parents and school staff
To find out more about our approach to assessment, click here to read our policy.
We have worked with Brighton and Hove local Authority to develop a set of assessment tools, which we are using to assess pupils in reading, writing and mathematics. These are being used in most schools in Brighton and Hove, which means that we can meaningfully moderate judgements:
We held a ‘Parent’s Forum’ to share information on assessment and the approach being taken by the school. Download the presentation below:
You can stay up to date with further assessment developments by following the headteacher’s blog.